Oh What Fun We Have!
So, I have been on a texture kick lately. It's like my art has this invitation now that says, Touch me! Please touch me! I'm so intrigued by it.
I have done a number of collaged and mixed media pieces in the past....but, lately....I've been obsessed with how my paintings "feel." What do they invoke emotionally when one reaches out and traces certain elements or features? Does it provoke healing and wholeness? Does it disrupt? etc....
My process is in process...lol....but, here is what I've learned so far.
1) LAYERing is everything.
2) There is no right or wrong way to do this. Be FREE to get creative and try new out new materials and ideas.
3) Be careful with your COLORS. You don't want them muddied.
4) Texturing MEDIUMS are your friend! And nothing to be feared....
5) Approach this as an adventure in EXPLORE-ation.
6) Take the pressure off and HAVE FUN WITH IT!